Training Haidong Gumdo
The Haidong Gumdo | Haidong Gumdo History | Haidong Gumdo Techniques | Training Haidong Gumdo | Fundamentals of Haidong Gumdo | Danjun Hohup | Haidong Gumdo Vocabulary | Haidong Gumdo World Organisation
Attitude in Training:
- (1) Keep it in mind that the correct way of handling the sword is a part of my life.
- (2) Have a frame of mind that every little thing should be respected.
- 3) While practicing, keep myself with clear vision, broad mind and prudent body.
- (4) When drawing a sword, have a vision to get rid of my false mind.
- (5) Open my mind and do the best for every little movement.
- (6) Have good consideration for other trainees while practicing in the dojang.
- (7) Have a deep respect toward the Master and follow his/her direction earnestly.
- (8) The sword is not to be respected itself but respected as part of myself.
- (9) Control myself and never break the basic rule and discipline.
- (10) Always be aware of nature and think that all living creatures are precious.
- Haidong Gumdo is a family martial art that 3 generations may practice together.
- Haidong Gumdo is a traditional martial art reflecting the glories of the ancient Korean kingdom that ruled over eastern Asia.
- You can manage an emergency situation or counter violence with self-defense training of Haidong Gumdo.
- Exercising with a sword, learning Haidong Gumdo increases the practitioner’s level of concentration than any other methods.
- Haidong Gumdo assists you to overcome yourself, release stresses and refine yourself with hard training.
- Haidong Gumdo helps students to nourish their minds to obtain patriotism, filial piety, royalty and faithfulness.
- Practicing Haidong Gumdo, you will exercise the whole body to perform various techniques.
- Haidong Gumdo improves the practitioner’s muscle endurance, reaction time, and sense of balance.
- Haidong Gumdo improves the practitioner’s level of confidence.
Haidong Gumdo combines breathing exercises and meditation with physical training so that practitioners learn to control their mind as well as their body.
- From the young to the old, and both male and female can learn Haidong Gumdo.
- Haidong Gumdo is an international martial art that is trained in 50 countries by a million practitioners in the world.